WIGS FOR CANCER PATIENTS
For many cancer patients, hair loss is the most distressing and feared side effect of chemotherapy and radiation treatment. If you don’t want anybody to know you’re losing your hair, wigs may be your answer.
Wigs and hairpieces are practical solutions to hair loss. There are different styles available so you can find one that suits you. There are two main types:
- Human hair wigs – the most natural but more expensive.
- Synthetic wigs – cheaper and available on the NHS.
Things to consider when choosing a wig:
- Matching the volume and colour of your hair.
- Getting fitted before you lose your hair so you can get used to the wig.
- Getting an adjustable size.
- Whether to try a different style to your current one.