Hair extensions are methods of lengthening one’s hair by incorporating artificial hair.This technique is the least permanent and can be very effective without the disadvantages associated with glue extensions.The hair weft has small clips sewn onto them. Usually a set of clip-in extensions averages eight strips of human hair in varying widths from two inches to eight inches.
Hair Extension Methods
The many different brands are featured separately. They can be placed in 3 categories:
- Strand by strand techniques: With this technique small strands of extension hair are attached one by one to small sections of your own hair. It can take several hours to apply all strands. Depending on the desired result on average 50 to 100 strands are needed. When done properly the extension hair will blend in naturally with your own hair. It can be done using Glue basedor NON Glue based attachment. When your hair is very fragile and breaks easy this is probably not the best method for you.
- Weft hair extensions:A weft is a track of several inches long on which the hair is already attached (a curtain of hair attached together at the top and free flowing at the bottom). A weft can be made by a machine or by hand. Handmade wefts are better, they are custom made to suit your head and match your hair. The extensions are then applied by using one row (track) at the time instead of strand by strand. This can also be done with Glue based or NON Glue based attachments.
- Tape-in hair extensions:Tape-in extensions are small wefts with adhesive tape on one side. It is also called “sticker hair”. The application can be done without the use of any tools. In general your own hair is “sandwiched” between two strips of tape extensions with the adhesive tape glued together. For finer hair you can use a single sided tape application. With this application a tape extension and a single sided adhesive tape are glued together with your own hair in between.
- Clip-in hair extensions:Clip-ins (or clip-ons) are very popular because of easy application and removal. You can clip the extension in your hair when you like to and remove it yourself before going to sleep. It is a quick way to add length and volume or to create a fun new look. The disadvantage is that the clips can be more noticeable (especially with thin hair). Clips are larger in size than other a Clip-ins that are not applied correctly can fall out easier than more permanent methods.
You can now have longer, thicker, more voluminous, and glamorous hair in a matter of minutes.
Pros of Hair Extensions
The greatest benefit of hair extension is that it gives you your dream hairstyle instantly. You need not wait for six to twelve months to get the long hair that can swing past your shoulder.
- Hair extension can be easily taken care of and thus, is easy to maintain. It can be washed and treated in the same way as your real hair.
- Hair extensions give you the flexibility to try new hairstyles without getting fixed to one. In case you get bore with the long hairstyle, remove the extensions and get a new look.
- You are sure to feel the pain when you cut down the hair that you have grown with so much patience and care. However, in case of hair extension, you will never have to face thus regret. Hence, you can try as many styles as you want.
- Hair extension can not only give an added length to your real hair, but also extra thickness and volume. It works excellently for fine, limp and thinning hair.
- You can undertake different color experiments on your hair extension, without worrying about any damage to your real hair. You also put on different beads and create a style trend of your own.